- About me
Self help help yourself..... Thursdays 5 - 6.30pm
An hour and a half to improve your self-worth, monetary status, standing in the community and personal odour. No previous experience required. Standing room only. The value of your internal image may go up as well as down. Guaranteed to clean the areas of your soul other shows do not reach. To quote Charlie Parker, flip flop floogie with the floor joy.
Warning: musical output may include dangerously bad mixes of your favourite tunes mashed with regional dialect spoken word recordings. Offence is not unknown. Record speeds may vary. Glad language and scenes of a textual nature present in this programme from the beginning.
Also containing: The Ivor Cutler moment @ 5.25pm | Storytime @ 5.39pm | The Mix at Six @ 6.03pm | Tip Top Top Tips advice for DIY transcendence in 16 weekly steps.
- Home page
- Previous Jobs
Hospital porter, trainee accountant, race crew, runner, van driver, boat builder, mediocre musician, hotel owner, megalomaniac eco-developer.
Mostly in that order.
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
Be gently bemused because I never buy a ticket.
- What would listeners be surprised to learn about you?
I am good at hypnotizing chickens.
- Who would you most like to be stuck in a lift with?
A qualified lift engineer.
- What is your worst habit?
- Tell us about your first car
It was an ex-BT Comer van. I drove it for years without tax, MOT, license or, for the last 150 miles, a clutch. Not recommended.
- Tell us about your first record
My sister made me pay half of early Bowie records. I bought 'The Name of This Band is Talking Heads' for 20p in a W.H.Smiths sale because my older cousin had it and I thought the tour photos looked cool.
- Tell us about your first job
I was a telephonist and night porter at Tooting Bec mental hospital. I did night shifts and had to call the Fire Brigade when the patients had burnt the toast.
- What is your favourite food ?
Anything with gluten in it.
- What is your favourite place around Falmouth / Penryn?
My back garden.
- What is your favourite band ?
The Penguin Cafe Orchestra
- What is your favourite TV show ?
Match of the Day
- What is your favourite film ?
Usually the last one I saw, District 9?